The #SoooBoca 12 Months of Giving page for March is dedicated to Parkland, Florida and Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. For those victims, families and friends and all those affected by the shooting February 14th, 2018. For those that may not know this Parkland is about 15 -20 minutes from Boca. We have driven by the school for years traveling up and down the Sawgrass Expressway and we are all close knit communities in spirit and also cross over each other with events, sports, play dates and school. We are heartbroken.
We have included links to Facebook pages, events, memorials and charities that are happening or ongoing. Please let us know if you have something coming up so we can add it to our #SoooBoca Facebook events section. May peace be with all.
Please note the below list is from the Sun Sentinel 2/18/2018 and please do your diligence with any funds you are donating to.
Here are campaigns that GoFundMe had vetted and added to its Stoneman Douglas High School hub page:
- Stoneman Douglas Victims’ Fund, benefiting victims and families, $1.1 million from 17,119 donors
- In Honor of Our Fallen Hero, benefiting Aaron Feis, $105,450 from 1,795 donors
- Alex Schachter Scholarship Fund, creating music scholarships and increased security at school, $66,559 from 928 donors
- Meadow Pollack Memorial Fund, for funeral arrangements and long-term counseling for Meadow’s mom, $45,070 from 690 donors
- Support for Missy and Maddy, benefiting Missy Cantrell and daughter Maddy, who is recovering from wounds, $39,179 from 728 donors
- Brother’s Funeral Martin Duque, benefiting family of Martin Duque, $23,237 from 565 donors
- Alyssa’s Memorial Fund, benefiting family of Melissa Aldaheff, $18,664 from 316 donors
- Stoneman Douglas Victim Fund, benefiting victims and families, $15,671 from 106 donors
- For the Hixons, benefiting the family of athletic director Chris Hixon, $13,822 from 300 donors
- Joaquin Oliver, benefiting family of Joaquin Oliver, $10,980 from 131 donors
The George Snow Scholarship Fund is very excited to announce that through an extremely generous donation from Ann and John Wood and their FairfaxWood Scholarship Foundation, we are now able to offer college scholarships to deserving graduating seniors at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.
In initiating the “Marjory Stoneman Douglas Scholarship Fund”, the Wood family wishes to inspire others to bring a ray of hope to the students of this devastated school. Their goal is to help these students that are left with broken hearts and spirits an opportunity to obtain a college scholarship.
The Wood Family invites others in the community to donate a partial or full scholarship to the current seniors.
Applications for this year’s awards are now available at our website at www.scholarship.org.
Parking: FREE onsite parking
Security: Bag check will be at the entrance. Small purses are recommend as large purses or back packs will not be permitted.