This is such a fun option if you belong to Nextdoor the neighborhood app! Sponsored by JC Penney you can use on your phone or on the web! You can find all the fabulous neighborhood holiday decorated homes and lighting displays if someone adds their property to the “cheer map”.
Lets face it…every year people are posting on social media every day trying to find out where great local lighting displays are and now the problem is solved. I for one am super excited and will be using it tonight to check out lighting displays around #SoooBoca! And yes…we have added our home and lights are going up today! Our tree is done and we had a latka party last weekend so we are ready for the season in sunny South Florida!
Here is The How You Do It Section
To add your home to the Cheer Map on web:
- Visit your neighborhood map by tapping on the Cheer Map icon in the upper right corner of your Nextdoor homepage.
- A pop-up window should appear over your address on the map, asking “Will you be decorating your home for the holidays?” (If the window doesn’t appear, click on your address.) Select ‘I will!’, or ‘Not this year’, then click Continue.
- If you’ve selected ‘I will!’, a ‘Lights and displays’ icon will be placed on your house on the map.
To add your home to the Cheer Map on iPhone or Android:
- Visit your neighborhood map by tapping the ‘more’ icon in the lower right corner of your Nextdoor homepage, then tapping Cheer map.
- The next screen asks if you are decorating your home for the holidays this year. If you select ‘I will!’ a ‘Lights and displays’ icon will be placed on your house on the map. You can tap “Continue” to see it on the map.
- If you’d rather not say, you can tap “Skip” to see the map of houses that will have holiday lights and displays this season.
Sooo plan accordingly and keep checking as people will add their home as they decorate! We for one think this is a fabulous and fun way to enjoy the holiday season!
Happy Holidays xo #SoooBoca