We want to thank Kylie Bellisari of OhMyItsKye (subscribe and follow her) for sharing her fabulous 10 Books to Read This Summer reading list for 2018. She is in and out of many airports and frankly who doesn’t love browsing the shops in airports for that perfect book to read on a flight. Reading is something we enjoy…it is relaxing…we learn … we deep dive…we laugh and we cry depending on the book and author. Since we are a mom and millennials some of our taste overlaps and some doesn’t.
As the mom I actually really love audio books and podcasts these days more than a soft back book but that love of knowledge and taking some time to just drift away into another world that an author places us in is truly one of summer’s greatest gifts to all who love to read. So take a scroll and please share a favorite book you enjoy or if you see something here you like click on our Summer 2018 link to order your own book, Audible or Kindle version. Love to go to the library? Check out our local calendar page for links to the library!
Kylie’s favvys from 2017 for you to catch up on!
1. The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho. Topping your list is a fable of self discovery and fate. It is the perfect read for the fleeting heart. A book about always chasing the next best thing, it is a tale built for the wanderlust soul.
2. Nightingale – Kristin Hannah. Uhm what..pretty sure this is the best book I have ever read. EVER. If you historical settins, war torn countries and a strong heroine. This is the book for you. Read it. Love it. Become it. Oh and cry at the end because omg.
3. The Woman in Cabin Ten – Ruth Ware. Yup this is a good one. Like what the actual heck. The twists and turns in this novel are so groovy you’ll die. I died. Amaze balls.
4. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me(And Other Concerns) – Mindy Kaling. Holy moly this one is completely hilarious. If you are looking for a light hearted read this is your pick! So relatable you will be shaking your head at all the poor decisions you have made in your life.
5. A Thousand Splendid Suns – Khaled Hosseini – Khaled narrates the heartbreaking realities of growing up in Kabul as a women through this fiction tale. Read along silently as you watch two women conquer their world without even speaking a word.
6. Orphan Train – Christina Baker Kline. Uhm.. I basically swallowed this one whole. Heartbreaking history of the United States that even you don’t know. This book is beautiful and perfect and sad in so many ways.
7. What I Was Doing While You Were Breeding – Kristin Newman. I mean LOL just read the title..you get the point. This memoir is equal parts hilarious and inspiring. Perfect for any woman who is dying to travel but also to be independent and strong. Just yes to everything about this book.
8. All The Missing Girls – Megan Miranda. Another twisty turner that I could not get enough of. Doesn’t every teenager leave home in hopes of forgeting everything that ever happened there? You will love love love love it. I’m a thriller junkie .. not sure if you could tell yet?
9. Looking For Alaska – John Green. John Green makes reading enjoyable and easy. His first book Looking For Alaska stretches the idea of the ‘Great Perhaps’ and has everyone questioning how far their limit may be. A sweetly, sad stories that will make your heart fall into a thousand pieces.
10. Girl Boss – Sophia Amoruso. Get your inner business mogul jump started with this freaking awesome read. A true tale of Nasty Gal founder Sophia Amoruso will have you feeling hella inspired and make you want to be you 100% authentic self with full faith that you will come out on top!
And this ladies and gents is your complete list of 2018 reads! Enjoy & please let me know if you’ve already got a jump start on some of my favorites! Currently in the process of accumulating 2019’s list! Yippie <3
I’m Kye a 20-something year old blogger who has been flying the friendly skies for the last three years and backpacking to cover as much of this beautiful earth as possible. I am up to 27 countries by independent travel and close to 15 more through my job as a flight attendant!
I’m an adventure seeker and love getting the nitty gritty of a city. I’m happiest when I’m on the road eating and learning about the places I visit! Follow me along my journey and ask questions along the way! If you like what you’re reading be sure to leave a comment or drop in on my contact page to send me a private message! I’m happy to answer any traveling questions you may have!
Make sure you LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my channels! xx Kye
Like!! Thank you for publishing this awesome article.